The information below is for applicants commencing study in the 2021/22 academic year. This page will be updated with information for 2022/23 once it is available.
An agreement between Loughborough University and the Egyptian Cultural and Education Bureau which aims to encourage Egyptian PhD students, sponsored by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research in Egypt (including Newton-Moshrafa students), to study at Loughborough University is in place.
Loughborough University has committed a percentage reduction of fees for the duration of the PhD course for students in receipt of a scholarship from the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
We welcome applications from Egyptian students across all academic disciplines, on either our Loughborough or London campus:
- Engineering (Aeronautical, Automotive, Building, Chemical, Civil, Electrical and Electronic Manufacturing, Materials or Mechanical)
- Science (Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics)
- Communication and Media
- Digital Technologies
- Diplomacy and International Governance
- Geography and Environment
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- International Management
- Media and Creative Industries
- Politics and International Studies
- Social and Policy Studies
- Sport Business
- Sports, Health and Exercise Sciences.
If you have already secured funding from the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research or intend to apply for this funding, please state this in your PhD application to Loughborough.