The Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust awards bursaries of up to £5,000 a year to UK university students who are in financial need, and have a parent or spouse or are employed themselves as a commercial traveller, pharmacist or grocer.
The grant can be used for any reasonable costs connected with going to university, including tuition fees, accommodation costs, living expenses, or equipment to help you study.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- a resident of the United Kingdom
- studying for a full-time postgraduate degree at a recognised UK university
- the child, spouse, widow, widower or personally employed as a commercial traveller, pharmacist or grocer
- in ‘financial need’
How to apply
You will need to apply through the trust's online application system.
Applications open on 1 June before each academic year. The closing date is 1 September at 5pm.
You can apply for a bursary for each year of your degree course. Grants are not offered for study periods that have already been completed.
- you continue to study full-time, at the same university and on the same course.
- your university confirms that your academic performance is satisfactory each year.
- you progress on to the next year of your course when expected.
- there is no significant change in your financial situation.
The University is responsible for sending this information to the trust in a yearly report.
How is the grant paid?
The grant will be paid directly to the University, to be passed on to you.