Student Ambassadors are current undergraduate and postgraduate students who represent Loughborough University.
Being a Student Ambassador involves:
- Acting as Ambassadors for the student experience and Loughborough in particular
- Providing positive role models to those thinking of studying at university
- Supporting the smooth running of University events, such as Open Days and school visits to campus
The Student Ambassador role is incredibly varied, which gives students a range of opportunities to enhance their personal development. In addition, the role is incredibly flexible allowing students to fit their work shifts around their study time and extra-curricular activities.
The opportunities available include working with prospective students both on campus and in schools and colleges at events such as Open Days, HE fairs, campus visits, school talks and subject-specific workshops. There may also be opportunities to get involved with the University’s marketing activities through specific telephone and online campaigns across the year as well through creating content for web and social media. We also have a select group of Student Ambassadors who work as English, Maths and Science mentors for young people and/or refugees.
Essential characteristics and attributes shared by all our Ambassadors are:
- Enthusiasm and active participation
- Reliable and committed
- Great communication and people skills
- Versatile teamworkers who can take the initiative when things don't go to plan
- An interest in helping prospective students with their decisions
Working as a Student Ambassador will help you to develop your Personal Best - an exclusive development programme for Loughborough’s students. This unique framework of key skills and competencies was devised after consultation with colleagues, students and employers and it presents the skills and behaviours that students will be encouraged and prompted to develop in various ways.
Through being a Student Ambassador, you can develop a number of elements.