Who are our ambassadors?
Student Ambassadors are current undergraduate and postgraduate students who represent Loughborough University by:
- Acting as Ambassadors for the student experience and Loughborough in particular
- Providing positive role models to those thinking of studying at university
- Supporting the smooth running of University events, such as Open Days and school visits to campus
The Student Ambassador role is varied and offers a variety of opportunities to enhance personal development and gain a range of employability skills.
Essential characteristics and attributes shared by all our Ambassadors are:
- Enthusiasm and active participation
- Reliable and committed
- Great communication and people skills
- Versatile teamworkers who can take the initiative when things don't go to plan
- An interest in helping prospective students with their decisions
Working as a Student Ambassador will help you to develop your Personal Best - an exclusive development programme for Loughborough’s students. This unique framework of key skills and competencies was devised after consultation with colleagues, students and employers and it presents the skills and behaviours that students will be encouraged and prompted to develop in various ways. Through being a Student Ambassador, you can develop a number of elements. You can find out more on the dedicated webpages.