Assessment Venues

You may require a specific assessment venue which can cater for your adjustments/support requirements.

Some venues Students Records and Operations use for assessments

Brockington is usually for students who have extra time in place, and/or use of a computer. You will be told which room to go in Brockington when the venue/seats are published on Learn.

Wavy Top is usually for students who have other adjustments including rest breaks, readers, scribes and those who need to sit in small rooms (including individual ones). You will be told if you are sitting in Wavy Top when the venue/seats are published on Learn. The video below tells you more about what you can expect in the Wavy Top building.

Students sitting their assessment in a room within their School building will be contacted by their School Administrator directly. You will be asked to confirm your assessment adjustments and be told which room has been set up for you.

Tips for if your examination is in a different venue

If you are taking your assessments in a new venue, here are some tips to help you:

    1. Visit the rooms where your assessments are being held prior to the assessment. This may help you feel calmer on the day as you will know where you are going to.
    2. Familiarise yourself with what’s around the assessment room such as restrooms.

What to do next?

Check your current assessment adjustments via your self-service portal here.

If they are not as you are expecting, please contact SWAI with the stated deadlines in mind.

You can find different ways of contacting us on our accessing support page.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I know what adjustments I’ve already got in place at University?

What paperwork do you need from me to arrange my assessment support?

You can find further information in our Evidence Policy.

Will adjustments stay in place for the duration of my studies?

Yes, they will. This includes upon your return from any placement or Leave Of Absence etc.

I had a separate assessment venue for School assessments, will I automatically get this for my University assessments?

No, you will need to register with SWAI and be reassessed. For more information on how to register with SWAI click here.

I think I might need a different venue for my assessments, what should I do?

Please contact us to request the adjustment you require and one of our advisers will review your request.

You can find different ways to contact us on our accessing support page.

Last Updated: 1st December 2023