Academic Changes

Academic concerns include a range of topics including course issues, wanting to change course, leave of absence, withdrawal, etc. The University has a range of ways to support you with any academic concern you might have.

How can the University Support?

Academic changes are very personal. Your situation is most likely to be individual and therefore it is important that you get the help and support that you need.

The first step when wanting guidance on academic changes is to have a look at the following pages and to educate yourself on the topic. You can also speak to your academic tutor.

If having read the relevant information, you have further questions or would like to talk through your personal situation you can get in touch by calling 01509 222765 or emailing

Our advice can vary depending on what your degree is and whether you are an international student:

Last Updated: 16th November 2022