Mental health support
Employee Assistance Programme
An EAP is a confidential employee benefit designed to help you deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.
PhD student login
Our EAP service provides a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, covering a wide range of issues. We strongly believe in providing an EAP service that offers not only reactive support when someone needs it but also proactive and preventative support to deliver the best possible outcomes.
Balancing everyday life with the requirements of work and home can create pressures for all of us. Work is a large part of people’s lives. With increasing working hours as well as technological developments to support remote working, it is vital to ensure that there's a productive, healthy environment that is conducive to a healthy lifestyle.
Health Assured, in partnership with Loughborough University, provides all employees with complimentary access to an enhanced Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to assist you in achieving this balance.
This service complements the Occupational Health and Wellbeing Services, University’s staff counselling and Health and Wellbeing provision within the People Strategy
The Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provides confidential unlimited support on any matter that might be of concern to you – from mental health and wellbeing, through to legal, relationship and money matters.
Health Assured provision
Health Assured offers cover for you and your immediate family members*, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
- Life support: Unlimited access to telephone counselling for emotional problems and a pathway to structured telephone counselling (employees only) at your convenience.
- Work-related problems can affect our physical, emotional and mental health. Common issues include job dissatisfaction, workplace injury, stress, discrimination and bullying, violence, accidental death and retirement.
- Management guidance - Managing staff wellbeing can be rewarding and at times stressful. We hope that you utilise our support services when difficult matters arise.
- Legal information: For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities (employees only).
- Bereavement support: Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues.
- Medical information: signposting to trusted websites are provided
*Health Assured define dependants as immediate family members (spouse/partners) and children aged 16 to 24 in full time education, living in the same household.
The app is available to download for free on Google Play and the App Store by searching ‘My Healthy Advantage’. Once it has downloaded, open the app to complete the sign-up details. You will be asked to input a code, which is MHA119084.
We understand that the information needs to be available in a way that is suitable for you, whenever you require it. From simple lifestyle changes to advice for many of life's most common concerns, the portal offers:
- Interactive health assessment providing personal tailor-made dietary tips and fitness plans
- Fitness and lifestyle advice, such as detoxing methods
- Four week self-help programmes
- Mini health checks
- Financial wellbeing articles
Onsite staff Counselling
As an in-house service the counselling team have in-depth knowledge and understanding of the particular pressures and difficulties associated with working in a university environment. They also understand the kind of challenges that everyone can face in their day to day lives. The counselling service is available to all University employees and gives you the opportunity to talk confidentially to a professionally trained person who is outside your immediate situation.
The counselling service offers:
- an in-house team of counsellors
- an initial appointment to assess your needs
- up to six sessions of one to one counselling per year
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone 222148.
Access to work mental health service – previously Remploy
Our trained experts will help you with:
- Nine months of work-focused mental health support, matched to your needs
- Suitable coping strategies
- A support plan to help you stay in, or return to work
- Workplace adjustments
- Getting support from your employer, if you’d like us to
Or look out for the virtual clinics on the L’boro events homepage.