The Occupational Health and Wellbeing Service has the role of supporting the health and wellbeing of the employees working on both Campuses for Loughborough University. Our aim is to reduce illness that is related to work and to provide early interventions for employees who develop health conditions which may impact on their work. We are here to support both physical and mental health and can do this in several ways which include:
- Encouraging safe practices of work
- Providing specific advice to managers and employees on potential reasonable adjustments
- Signposting to workplace counselling and physiotherapy support
- Supporting with the management of sickness absence
- Assessing the ergonomics of your workstation
- Providing health and wellbeing education and health promotion programs
- Liaising with external providers to ensure the most appropriate advice is given to you and your employer
The Occupational Health and Wellbeing Service is based at the centre of the Loughborough campus on Margaret Keay way.
We are a nurse led service with the support of an external Occupational Health Physician one day per month.