Halls of residence
Named after a 19th Century artist, designer, writer and socialist.
At William Morris you will find:
- Beds are 4ft excluding studios (double bedding recommended) - Pillows NOT supplied
- Quiet rooms available
- Double beds in self-contained studio flats
- Somerton Lodge: 11 bedrooms (3 with 4ft beds, 8 with double beds); double rooms with sofa area; bathroom and toilet facilities on each floor; shared kitchen; lounge/dining room
- Two common rooms - Freeview TV area, pool table, table tennis etc. (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Mobile app operated launderette
- Bike sheds (bicycles stored at this hall are covered under the Unite block insurance policy)
- Situated close to the Students' Union on Ashby Road
- Limited parking available through Unite Students
- No bedroom cleaning
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned weekly in standard flats
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned every other week in en-suite flats
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities cleaned weekly
Accommodation packages available for 2020/21:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £4,660.72 - Standard (4ft bed) in 6-7 bed flat (179 beds)
- £4,910.53 - Standard (4ft bed) in 3-5 bed flat (113 beds)
- £5,942.58 - En-suite (4ft bed) (162 beds)
- £6,833.80 - Studio Flat (12 beds)
- £4,910.53 - Standard (4ft bed) in Somerton (3 beds)
- £5,106.47 - Standard (double) in Somerton (2 beds)
- £5,371.43 - Large standard (double) in Somerton (6 beds)
- £7,202.06 - One bedroom self-contained flat (1 bed)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union William Morris Hall page.
New Undergraduates: Wednesday 30 September 2020
Returning students: Saturday 3 October 2020
Semester 2 student: Sunday 7 February 2021
39 weeks let: 3 October 2020 - 3 July 2021
18 weeks let (Semester 1): 3 October 2020 - 5 February 2021
21 weeks let (Semester 2): 7 February 2021 - 3 July 2021
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
Hall Manager: Harriet Tayler
Phone: +44 (0)1509 236809
This service provider is affiliated to The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK).
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Mr Julian MacKenzie
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222433
Mr Andrew McClintock
Miss Ursula Davis
Mr Chris Briggs
Mr Ryan Wesley
Duty mobile: 07855453051
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.