Halls of residence
Named after the eminent physicist Ernest Rutherford. Located in the Student Village.
At Rutherford you will find:
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 4 - 7 students share bathroom facilities
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms in Whitworth Tower: 8-10 students share kitchenette and bathroom facilities (1 x shower & 2 x toilets). More students share the facilities (but get a large bedroom with a good view)
- Shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Quiet rooms available
- 2-8 students share a kitchenette facilities (number sharing facilities is higher in the larger blocks)
- Block 5: 13 - 14 students share small kitchenette
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, table football, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- Bike shed
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2019/20:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for freshers week)
- £5,544.59 - Small room (Whitworth Tower) (2 beds)
- £6,065.97 - Standard (Whitworth Tower) (67 beds)
- £6,182.40 - Standard (small kitchen) (40 beds)
- £6,261.68 - Standard (84 beds)
- £7,142.79 - Shared en-suite (51 beds)
- £7,380.78 - En-suite (90 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Rutherford Hall page.
- New undergraduates: Thursday 26 September 2019
- Returning students: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 02 February 2020
39 weeks let: 28 September 2019 - 27 June 2020
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2020 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 27 June 2020 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager: Darren Harrison
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223888
Chef: Aldo Guarasci
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223820
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Matthew Frost
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222274
Miss Thaleia Basmatzoglou
Mr Cheuk Man
Mr Lorenzo Stilo
Duty Mobile: 07513019630
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.