Halls of residence
Named after Dr Harry French, an engineer/physicist, Senior Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council 1981-1986.
Situated on a split site, on either side of Ashby Road, just 200 metres from campus. Harry French is a relaxed and friendly close-knit community, set in gardens and ideally situated for students who want to be near both town and campus. This hall is owned and managed by our partners, Unite Students.
- Bedrooms: 389
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student types: Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Art and Design Foundation
- Location: East
At Harry French you will find:
- Courtyard - 6 Standard bedrooms sharing kitchen facilities and 2 toilets and showers
- Lodges - 8 Standard bedrooms sharing kitchen facilities and 2 toilets and showers
- West Grove - 6-7 Standard bedrooms sharing kitchen facilities and 2 toilets and showers
- Courtyard and West Grove have 4ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- West Grove - 4 self contained studio flats with single bed
- East Grove - traditional rooms in 1-2 bed flats with kitchen and bathroom
- Postgraduates are located in Iffley, Tynte and Redholme (converted Victorian houses) or East Grove (38 rooms) - traditional rooms in 1-2 bedroom flats with kitchen and bathroom (double rooms have double beds)
- Couples permitted in Postgraduate double bedroom self contained flats for additional fee
- Pillows NOT supplied
- Large common/games room - freeview, TV, table tennis/football and more (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Mobile app operated Launderette
- Bike sheds (bicycles stored at this hall are covered under the Unite block insurance policy)
- Limited parking available through Unite Students
- Situated close to the University on Ashby Road
- No bedroom cleaning
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned weekly in standard flats
- Kitchens and communal areas cleaned every other week in en-suite flats
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities cleaned weekly
Accommodation packages available for 2022/23:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £4,096.00 - Small bedroom in 2 bedroom flat (1 bed)
- £4,717.68 - Standard (100 beds)
- £5,016.81 - Standard (4ft bed) (236 beds)
- £5,557.14 - Single bedroom in 2 bedroom flat (3 beds)
- £6,377.17 - Double bedroom in 2 or 3 bedroom flat (7 beds)
- £6,763.68 - Studio Flat (4 beds)
- £7,463.52 - Double bedroom self-contained flat (4 beds)
New Undergraduates: Tuesday 27 September 2022
Returning students: Saturday 1 October 2022
Semester 2 student: Sunday 5 February 2023
39 weeks let: 1 October 2022 - 1 July 2023
18 weeks let (Semester 1): 1 October 2022 - 3 February 2023
21 weeks let (Semester 2): 5 February 2023 - 1 July 2023
All rooms offered on a 50 week let
- £5,306.86 - Small bedroom in 2 bedroom flat+
- £7,199.94 - Single bedroom in 2 bedroom flat+
- £8,262.39 - Double bedroom in 2 bedroom flat+
- £8,763.16 - Studio Flat+
- £9,669.89 - Double bedroom self-contained flat+
+ Limited rooms of this type
Tuesday 27 September 2022
50 weeks let: 27 September 2022 - 16 September 2023
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10:00 on the end date of the contract.
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
Hall Manager: Debbie Vignali
Phone: +44 (0)1509 238093
This service provider is affiliated to The Accreditation Network UK (ANUK)
Hall Warden: Dr Manuela Pacella
Phone: +44 (0)1509 564800
Duty mobile: 07521 871818
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own Facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.