Halls of residence
This hall is named after the renowned scientist and former Director of the Royal Institution, Michael Faraday.
At Faraday you will find:
- 2 - 7 students share a kitchenette (number sharing facilities is higher in the larger blocks)
- 4 - 8 students share kitchen (large kitchen blocks)
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 4 - 7 students share bathroom facilities
- Double bedding recommended for 4ft beds
- Shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Quiet rooms available
- Catered Monday - Friday (15 meals per week)
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, DVD, table football, pool table, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2022/23:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £6,499.28 - Standard (42 beds)
- £6,218.23 - Standard with small kitchen (38 beds)
- £6,828.47 - Standard with large kitchen (72 beds)
- £7,689.61 - Shared en-suite (26 beds)
- £7,783.95 - Shared en-suite with large kitchen (4 beds)
- £7,878.28 - Shared en-suite (4ft bed) with large kitchen (20 beds)
- £7,947.57 - En-suite (86 beds)
- £8,042.29 - En-suite with large kitchen (28 beds)
- £8,136.63 - En-suite (4ft bed) with large kitchen (51 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Faraday Hall page.
New Undergraduates: Tuesday 27 September 2022
Returning students: Saturday 1 October 2022
Semester 2 student: Sunday 5 February 2023
39 weeks let: 1 October 2022 - 1 July 2023
18 weeks let (Semester 1): 1 October 2022 - 3 February 2023
21 weeks let (Semester 2): 5 February 2023 - 1 July 2023
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: Carl Cooke
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223833 or 228506
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager:
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223829
Chef: Jaget Singh
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223825
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Ash Casey
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222271
Duty mobile: 07583803715
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.