Halls of residence
This hall is named after the renowned scientist and former Director of the Royal Institution, Michael Faraday.
At Faraday you will find:
- 2 - 7 students share a kitchenette (number sharing facilities is higher in the larger blocks)
- 4 - 8 students share kitchen (extra facilities blocks)
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 4 - 7 students share bathroom facilities
- Double bedding recommended for 4ft beds
- Shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Quiet rooms available
- Catered Monday - Friday (15 meals per week)
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, DVD, table football, pool table, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Card/mobile app operated launderette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike sheds
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
- Communal bathrooms and toilet facilities will be cleaned a minimum of three times a week
Accommodation packages available for 2019/20:
All rooms offered on a 39 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £6,261.68 - Standard (80 beds)
- £6,348.97 - Standard Extra** (72 beds)
- £7,142.79 - Shared en-suite (26 beds)
- £7,230.08 - Shared en-suite Extra** (5 beds)
- £7,316.97 - Shared en-suite (4ft bed) Extra** (19 beds)
- £7,380.78 - En-suite (86 beds)
- £7,468.07 - En-suite Extra** (28 beds)
- £7,554.96 - En-suite (4ft bed) Extra** (51 beds)
**Extra facilities blocks - available with extra kitchen/dining facilities
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Faraday Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Returning students: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 02 February 2020
39 weeks let: 28 September 2019 - 27 June 2020
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2020 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 27 June 2020 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager: Denise Beswick
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223829
Chef: Rosetta Bunce
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223828
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Dr Ash Casey
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222271
Miss Chloe Gough
Mr William Huish
Mr Keiron Morris
Duty mobile: 07583803715
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.