The Careers Network at Loughborough University supports students and graduates through individual appointments, presentations, careers events and more.
Loughborough University is recognised by leading employers for developing high calibre graduates. Our close relationships with industry, alongside teaching informed by world-leading research, enables you to build the skills and knowledge to excel upon graduation.
We are also invested in developing the personal qualities that organisations actively seek, with group work, communication and presentation embedded in the curriculum. Year after year, record numbers of employers seek to recruit Loughborough students for placements, internships and graduate roles, attracted to their wide-ranging skills, adaptability and determination to succeed.
Skills for employment
All students in the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences have the option of extending their study over four years and spending the third year on professional placement – in a real role with real responsibilities. This not only gives you invaluable work experience, plus an additional qualification (Diploma in Professional Studies), but also the chance to “test drive” a career and, in some cases, secure permanent employment ahead of your graduation.
Whether you choose to do a placement year or not, the award-winning Careers Network team works closely with the School to ensure you have access to excellent careers advice and support, including:
- One-to-one career advice and guidance sessions
- Presentations and workshops on career planning, job search skills and CV and application techniques
- Practice interviews and mock assessment centres
- High profile careers fairs and employer events, including our annual TalkSport conference.
The university also provides a number of online careers packages to support students and graduates into employment.
- GoinGlobal: An extensive database to search for jobs, internships, employers and recruitment practices around the world.
- Profiling for Success: A set of personal development questionnaires to increase your self-awareness and inform your career choices.
- Graduates First: An opportunity to practice numerical, verbal and logical reasoning tests to prepare you for graduate recruitment processes.
- eCareersGrad: Video-based answers showing what great interview and case study performance looks like, with model answers and expert advice.