Our Investigators room is for children aged three and above.
Our Investigators room features
- a home corner which is set out as a kitchen with units, play food, pots and pans;
- a number area where we have a variety of activities such as compare bears and spotty ladybirds;
- a writing area with paper, chalk boards, chalks, pencils, crayons, and magnetic letters for children to help themselves to;
- a cosy communication friendly space for promoting communication and language, one-to-one and small group work;
- a quiet area for looking at books;
- a dressing up clothes corner for role play;
- a creative area with interactive trays for the children to play with materials such as lentils, cornflakes, pasta and rice;
- a construction area with lego, meccano, popoids etc;
- a small world area with dolls house, farm and happy land etc;
- a computer with lots of educational games and digital video cameras for the children to record and revisit their own experiences.
We have a door opening directly out onto our large out door play space which consists of an all weather grassed area, with climbing frames and slides; a paved area, for trikes, scooters etc.; a natural resources area with open ended resources such as boxes, crates, tyres, logs and leaves for construction and a vegetable garden where the children plant and tend the fruit and vegetables tasting the end product. We enjoy our out door play area what ever the weather wearing either wellington boots and coats or sun hats and cream.
The children can access the cloak room and toilet facilities and we encourage them to be as independent as possible, finding their own coat to go out to play and hanging it back up when finished.
There are five child size toilets and wash basins for the children to use with help from staff if needed. As accidents can happen the children should have spare clothes in their nursery bags. The staff will encourage children wearing nappies to sit on the toilet or potty before their clean nappy goes on.