Register of Interests Declaration 2022-23
Professor Rachel Thomson
Official Role at Loughborough University and Requirement for listing on Register of Interests:
Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Education & Student Experience)
- Paid Employment (Other than the University): I do occasional ‘one-off’ work in connection with my academic job such as being a member of an EPSRC grant awarding panel, member of TEF panel for OfS, examining doctoral theses at other higher education institutes (various), participating in grant reviews, Professorial appointment committees, and I have in the past undertaken some professional reviews for the Helmholtz Association in Germany. These are sometimes paid.
- Self-Employment: None
- Company Interests/Directorships Held
- Directorships held whilst acting on behalf of the University: Director of the East Midlands Institute of Technology on behalf of the University (linked to a grant from the Department for Education to set this up in partnership with Loughborough College, Derby College Group and University of Derby).
- Directorships/company interests held in a personal capacity: None
- Other appointments: None
- Family or Personal Links: My husband (Steven Kenny) is a Professor in the Materials Department, School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering, at Loughborough University.
- Other relevant information not covered by the above: None
- University’s Ethical Policy Framework declaration: Agreed
- Signed: 14/10/22