Loughborough University has a proud history of welcoming international students from all over the world, and today has more than 1,300 international postgraduate students from outside of the UK and EU, representing more than 100 countries.
International students at Loughborough can expect to receive excellent support services from the University, International Office and Loughborough’s award winning Students’ Union.
As a member of the Loughborough MBA community you will benefit from the shared experiences and knowledge of like-minded professionals. In turn, you have the opportunity to bring an international perspective to discussions, enriching the learning experience for the whole group.
English language, studying effectively and welcome week
You may be concerned about the workload and pace of the course, but don’t be, because at Loughborough University we have a long experience of helping international students overcome very similar fears.
To help you settle in, you can benefit from the following support:
- Dedicated MBA student support
- MBA student representatives
- Additional study materials on LEARN (our virtual learning environment), accessible via our MBA Portal
- English language support during your studies to help boost your confidence in using the language, improve your study skills and give you an introduction to living and learning at Loughborough
- A one-week orientation welcome week for international students immediately prior to the start of the academic year
Supporting international students
Loughborough Students’ Union strives to provide the very best experience for international students and encourages you to get involved by engaging with their Global Development Officer and Global Committee.
Throughout the year the Students’ Union puts on a number of social and cultural events for international students to get involved in, including trips to popular tourist destinations in the UK and abroad, sporting activities, cultural celebrations, Action opportunities to teach local communities about international cultures, and an annual International Day.
The Global Development Officer and the Global Committee are there for you to voice your ideas and opinions to both the University and the Students’ Union.