Key facts about the School of Business and Economics
Since receiving its Royal Charter in 1966, Loughborough University has held an established reputation for excellence in teaching and research, strong links with industry and unrivalled sporting achievement.
The School of Business and Economics has been delivering outstanding programmes and conducting world-leading research since its inception as a School of Management in 1971.
- 1,800 + Undergraduate Students
- 650 + Postgraduate Taught Students
- 100 + Doctoral Research Students
- 140 + Academic Faculty
- 9 Undergraduate Courses
- 17 Master's Programmes
- 2 MBA Programmes
- 25 + Partner Universities
- 6,000 + Alumni Network
- 2000 + Global Corporate Connections
- 7 Academic Groups
- 5 Research Centres
- 8 Research Interest Groups
Excellent Graduate Employability
9th in the UK for 'Graduate Prospects' in Accounting and Finance
- 8th in the UK for 'Graduate Prospects' in Business, Management and Marketing
- 17th in the UK for 'Graduate Prospects' in Economics
- 12th for 'graduate prospects' in Accounting and Finance
- 5th for 'graduate prospects' in Business and Management Studies
- 15th for 'graduate prospects' in Economics
- 10th in the UK for 'Career after 6 months' in Accounting and Finance
- 5th in the UK for 'Career after 6 months' in Business and Management
- 17th in the UK for 'Career after 6 months' in Economics
- No.1 in the UK for employer-student connections and within the top 25 globally
Outstanding student satisfaction
- 5th in the UK for Student Experience in Business, Management and Marketing
- 7th in the UK for Student Experience in Economics
- 3rd in the UK for 'Satisfaction with course' in Business and Management
- 91% overall satisfaction in Business studies
- 2nd in the UK for overall satisfaction in Finance*
- Top 10 in the UK for overall satisfaction in Management studies*
*excludes FECs and alternate providers
- Top 150 in the world for Business and Management Studies
- 10th for Business, Management and Marketing
- 20th for Accounting and Finance
- 12th for Economics
- 16th for Accounting and Finance
- 10th for Business and Management Studies
- 16th for Economics
- 7th for Business and Management
- 26th for Accounting and Finance
- 37th for Economics
- Loughborough University ranked 1st for University Facilities
- Loughborough University is a Five Stars Plus institution in the International QS Stars Scheme 2020 – one of only 13 worldwide
- Awarded 5* for research
- Awarded 5* for teaching
- Awarded 5* for internationalisation
- Awarded 5* for facilities
- Awarded 5* for employability
- Awarded 5* for innovation
- Awarded 5* for inclusiveness
- Awarded 5* for library and information management
Loughborough is proud to hold triple-accreditation (AACBS, EQUIS, AMBA).
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- The Association of MBAs (AMBA)
These prestigious international accreditations validate the quality of education offered, from teaching and research to student support and facilities.
Small Business Charter
Loughborough is among an elite group of business schools to hold the Small Business Charter Award from the Chartered Association of Business Schools.
The award recognizes the depth and effectiveness of business engagement and business support that we offer and our commitment to supporting small businesses, local economies and student entrepreneurship.
Additionally, and most recently, the School has become a proud signtory to the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
Please note that the accreditations listed on this page are School-wide accreditations. Individual programmes may also have programme-level accreditation which will be outlined on individual programmes pages.