Every year Loughborough University welcomes large numbers of European and international students on exchange agreements.
The Department welcomes exchange students each year from our Erasmus+ partners. Students accepted under the Erasmus+ scheme can study in the Department for one or two semesters without paying tuition fees.
See more information on exchange student finance, applications and benefits
Loughborough University has an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research and we intend to prepare our graduates for the global marketplace. We encourage our students to take advantage of the opportunity to spend a full academic year at one of our partner (European or international) universities.
Students can spend a year between Parts B and C of their degree programme studying in a participating host institution as an alternative to the industrial placement.
In addition, students on the MMath programmes may carry out their final year project in a host institution. The academic responsibility of the student remains with the home institution (i.e. Loughborough). Marks obtained are not taken into account in the degree classification, but successful completion of this year will lead to the award of DIntS.
UK students do not have to pay tuition fees to their host university, but are required to pay tuition fees to their home university. The fee for the full academic year 2015/16 Part I (i.e. the exchange is undertaken as a sandwich year in your programme leading to the award of DIntS) is £840.
Performing part of your studies in another country introduces you to a different academic, cultural and linguistic environment. This will enhance your personal flexibility and later professional mobility. During basic undergraduate studies, you may cover similar material to that studied here, but follow different approaches and teaching methods. You may also benefit from specialist courses not available here.
See more information on outgoing students finance, applications and benefits →
Lifelong learning agreements
For both incoming and outgoing students we currently have Erasmus+ agreements (guaranteeing fee exemption) with:
- Technical University of Frieberg, Germany
- Technical University of Denmark, Copenhagen
- University of Applied Sciences, Wildau, Berlin, Germany
- University of Patras, Greece
- University of Milan, Italy
- University of Trieste, Italy
- Yeditepe University, Istambul, Turkey
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece
- The Université Paris Diderot - Paris 7, France
and an exchange agreement outside Erasmus+ with:
- Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia*
- Kansai University, Japan*
- Purdue University, Indiana, USA*
- University of Technology, Sydney, Austrailia*
- New Mexico State University, USA
- Oklahoma State University, USA
If you have any questions regarding Erasmus exchange, please contact Dr Dmitri Tseluiko directly. Email: D.Tseluiko@lboro.ac.uk