- 2012 - present: Reader in Applied Mathematics, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- 2009 - 2012: Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- 2003 - 2009: Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- 2001 - 2003: Research Associate, Dept. of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University.
- 1998 - 2001: Maternity leave, Dept. of Mathematics, Bashkir State University, Russia.
- 1996 - 1997: DAAD Research Fellow in Nonlinear Optics, Arbeitsgruppe “Nichtklassische Strahlung”, Max Plank Society and Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- 1992 - 2001: Lecturer, Dept. of Mathematics, Bashkir State University, Russia.
- 1991 - 1995: Postgraduate student, Dept. of Mechanics and Mathematics, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia.
My main research interests include fluid and solid mechanics, nonlinear waves, and applied integrable systems. Much of my work involves developing new analytical and numerical approaches to analyse nonlinear PDEs. I collaborate with physicists and engineers conducting experimental research.
Sample of recent publications:
- C. Hooper, K. Khusnutdinova, R. Grimshaw, Wavefronts and modal structure of long surface and internal ring waves on a parallel shear current, J. Fluid Mech. (2021) in print.
- F.E. Garbuzov, Y.M. Beltukov, K.R. Khusnutdinova, Longitudinal bulk strain solitons in a hyperelastic rod with quadratic and cubic nonlinearities, Theor. Math. Phys. 202 (2020) 319-333.
- K.R. Khusnutdinova and M.R. Tranter, D’Alembert-type solution of the Cauchy problem for the Boussinesq-Klein-Gordon equation, Stud. Appl. Math. 142 (2019) 551- 585.
- K.R. Khusnutdinova, Y.A. Stepanyants, M.R. Tranter, Soliton solutions to the fifth-order Korteweg-de Vries equation and their applications to surface and internal water waves, Phys. Fluids 30 (2018) 022001.
- K.R. Khusnutdinovaand M.R. Tranter, On radiating solitary waves in bi-layers with delamination and coupled Ostrovsky equations, Chaos 27 (2017) 013112.
- K.R. Khusnutdinova and X. Zhang, Long ring waves in a stratified fluid over a shear flow, J. Fluid Mech. 794 (2016) 17-44.