Head of the Department of Mathematical Sciences and head of the Geometry and Mathematical Physics research group
Moscow State University:
- 1977 MSc (Hons) in Mathematics
- 1982 PhD (supervisor S.P. Novikov)
- 1991 Doctor of Science
- Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics, Moscow: 1980-84 Junior Research Fellow
- Department of Mathematics and Mechanics, Moscow State University: 1984-95 Assistant, Associate and Full Professor
- School of Mathematics, Loughborough University: 1995-present Professor of Mathematics
- Integrable Systems and Geometry
- Mathematical Physics
Current Research Interests
- Methods of algebraic geometry in the theory of integrable systems.
- Logarithmic Frobenius structures and special hyperplane configurations.
- Quantum Calogero-Moser systems, KZ equations and representation theory.
- Algebraic integrability of Schroedinger operators in many dimensions and Huygens' Principle.
- Integrable systems in geometry and topology. Integrable gradient flows. Solvable spectral problems on manifolds.
- Painleve-type equations and spectral theory of Schroedinger operators.
- Hamiltonian formalism, action-angle variables and Riemann surfaces.
- Discrete integrable systems. Yang-Baxter maps. Theory of multi-valued groups and iterated correspondences.
- Solvable algebraic and functional equations.
Teaching - modules:
- MAA242 - Geometry and Groups - An introductory course on analytic geometry and group theory.
- MAC147 - Number theory - An introduction to classical number theory.
- MAGIC067 Integrable Systems - A course for PhD students
Member of the Editorial Boards of the academic journals “Mathematical Physics, Analysis and Geometry”, “Open Communications in Nonlinear Mathematical Physics”, “Regular and Chaotic Dynamics” and "Symmetry, Integrability and Geometry: Methods and Applications (SIGMA)"