Head of the Department of Mathematical Sciences and head of the Geometry and Mathematical Physics research group
Moscow State University:
- 1977 MSc (Hons) in Mathematics
- 1982 PhD (supervisor S.P. Novikov)
- 1991 Doctor of Science
- Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics, Moscow: 1980-84 Junior Research Fellow
- Department of Mathematics and Mechanics, Moscow State University: 1984-95 Assistant, Associate and Full Professor
- School of Mathematics, Loughborough University: 1995-present Professor of Mathematics
- Integrable Systems and Geometry
- Mathematical Physics
Current Research Interests
- Methods of algebraic geometry in the theory of integrable systems.
- Logarithmic Frobenius structures and special hyperplane configurations.
- Quantum Calogero-Moser systems, KZ equations and representation theory.
- Algebraic integrability of Schroedinger operators in many dimensions and Huygens' Principle.
- Integrable systems in geometry and topology. Integrable gradient flows. Solvable spectral problems on manifolds.
- Painleve-type equations and spectral theory of Schroedinger operators.
- Hamiltonian formalism, action-angle variables and Riemann surfaces.
- Discrete integrable systems. Yang-Baxter maps. Theory of multi-valued groups and iterated correspondences.
- Solvable algebraic and functional equations.
Teaching - modules:
- MAC147 - Number theory - An introduction in the classical number theory.
- MAGIC067 Integrable Systems course for PhD students
Christmas challenges, traditional mathematical challenges for undergraduate students.