Dr Karima Khusnutdinova
Reader in Applied Mathematics
Department of Mechanics and Mathematics, Moscow State University, Russia:
- 1995 PhD in Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- 1991 MSc (Hons) in Mechanics (Applied Mathematics)
- 2001 - present Department of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University, UK: Research Associate, Lecturer, Senior lecturer, Reader
- 1996 - 1997 Arbeitsgruppe "Nichtklassische Strahlung'', Max Plank Society and Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany: DAAD Research Fellow
- 1992 - 2001 Department of Mathematics, Bashkir State University, Ufa, Russia: Assistant Lecturer
- Waves in inhomogeneous media and complex systems with an emphasis on nonlinear waves, nonlinear wave interactions, scattering and instabilities.
- Analytical techniques for nonlinear PDEs combined with numerical simulations and symbolic computations.
- Fluid and solid mechanics. Mechanics of multiphase media.
- Physical and geophysical applications.
- Acted as a reviewer for a large number of applied mathematics journals
- Visited a number of universities in UK and internationally, presented invited talks in conferences and seminars
- Acted as external examiner for PhD students in UK, Australia and France
- Acted as an organiser of international conferences
MAB250 ODEs and Calculus of Variations
MAC251 Vibrations and Waves
MAD202 Nonlinear Waves (with Dr. D. Ratliff)
MAGIC021 Nonlinear Waves (with Prof. R.H.J. Grimshaw and Dr. G. El)
- Current administrative responsibilities: