Dr Karima Khusnutdinova
Reader in Applied Mathematics
Department of Mechanics and Mathematics, Moscow State University, Russia:
- 1995 PhD in Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- 1991 MSc (Hons) in Mechanics (Applied Mathematics)
- 2001 - present Department of Mathematical Sciences, Loughborough University, UK: Research Associate, Lecturer, Senior lecturer, Reader
- 1996 - 1997 Arbeitsgruppe "Nichtklassische Strahlung'', Max Plank Society and Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany: DAAD Research Fellow
- 1992 - 2001 Department of Mathematics, Bashkir State University, Ufa, Russia: Lecturer
- Waves in inhomogeneous media and complex systems with an emphasis on nonlinear waves, nonlinear wave interactions, scattering and instabilities.
- Analytical techniques for nonlinear PDEs combined with numerical simulations and symbolic computations.
- Fluid and solid mechanics. Mechanics of multiphase media.
- Physical and geophysical applications.
- Acted as a reviewer for a large number of applied mathematics journals
- Visited a number of universities in UK and internationally, presented invited talks in conferences and seminars
- Acted as external examiner for PhD students in UK, Australia and France
- Acted as an organiser of international conferences
MAB250 ODEs and Calculus of Variations
MAC251 Vibrations and Waves
MAD202 Nonlinear Waves (1/2)
MAGIC021 Nonlinear Waves (1/2)
- Current administrative responsibilities: