Annual Conference of Mathematics Research Students
The annual conference of Mathematics Research Students in Loughborough has been held since 2005. The Sir David Wallace Prize of £250 is awarded annually for the best presentation by a panel consisting of several members of staff and research students' representatives.
14th Annual Conference of Mathematics Research Students - 2018
The 14th Annual Conference of Mathematics Research Students was held at Loughborough University on Thursday 30 May 2018.
The 2018 Sir David Wallace Prize was awarded to Norbert Pintye (Supervisor: Artie Prendergast-Smith) for his talk entitled 'Geometry of blown-up spaces’.
The judging panel consisted of Hamid Ahmadinezhad, Ricardo Barros, Jenya Ferapontov, Matt Tranter (last years’ winner) and research students attending the conference (Hayder Al-Saedi, Sobhi Berjawi, Tim Grange, Tiago Guerreiro, Ronan Kerr, Luis José Santana Sánchez).
- 13:30-14:00 Jinrong Bao: Probabilities of separatrix crossing in rotation of a rigid body with changing geometry of masses
- 14:00-14:30 Juliet Ojiako: Mathematical modelling ofplasma interactions with liquid: hydrodynamic study
- 14:30-15:00 Erik Paemurru: Birational geometry of Fano 3-folds
- 15:00-15:30 Coffee break
- 15:30-16:00 Antonis Parasyris: Mathematical and numerical modelling of a water purification device
- 16:00-16:30 Norbert Pintye: Geometry of blown-up spaces
- 16:30-17:00 Yiru Ye: Chaos and integrability in SL(2,R)-geometry