Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Sub-Committee
Terms of Reference
To govern the leadership, development and implementation of the Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion strategy, embedding EDI in all University business to support Council in its duty to ensure the University’s legal compliance with the Equalities Act 2010 and its intended aim of protecting people from discrimination in the workplace and to hold the University to account to this commitment.
Responsibilities as follows:
- To plan communication and implementation of phase I of the Race Equity Strategy.
- To advise HRC on matters pertaining to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- To develop and review a schedule of equality, diversity and inclusivity activity delivered through an action plan.
- To identify and promote existing good practice in relation to EDI and advise further EDI development as gaps emerge.
- To review and monitor the implementation of the EDI strategy elements of the University strategy and receive progress reports from all EDI related groups and committee, making recommendations as necessary.
- Annually review the impact of policy and practice on EDI for staff and students.
The Committee is a Sub-Committee of Human Resources Committee (HRC) and will meet 5/6 times a year. The meetings shall be scheduled to ensure that recommendations can be tabled at HRC for endorsement on behalf of Council.