As a university we are renowned for the relevance of our research. Our results help business and industry to compete more effectively, shape public policy and ultimately improve the quality of people’s lives.
Awarded 7 Queen’s Anniversary Prizes
A variety of scholarships, studentships and bursaries available
Top ten University in England for Research Intensity – Research Excellence Framework 2014
Awarded 5* for Research - QS Stars University Rankings
Our strengths are truly diverse as illustrated by just a small sample of our many centres of excellence.
In our Global Challenges programme, we work with international partners to deliver multi-disciplinary solutions to the biggest societal challenges of the day. These include:
- Changing Environments and Infrastructure
- Health and Wellbeing
- Secure and Resilient Societies
More about research at Loughborough
- Research at Loughborough was supported by over £55 million in research grants in 2018/19.
- We have a research community made up of more than 2,200 staff and students.
- Our inclusive approach means that research is embedded in all we do and that our students benefit from the vibrant research culture we have created.
- We are well known for the breadth of our research partnerships with multi-national businesses and we have long-standing collaborative links with many public and private sector organisations.
Want to know more?
Find out more about the motivations, collaborations life-shaping solutions that are shaping our outstanding reputation in research.