Reduced contextual offers
While consideration of contextual information may occasionally lead to an offer being made which is slightly lower than the typical entry requirements, meeting some specific eligibility criteria guarantees that if you are made an offer, it will be reduced by up to two grades.
Access Loughborough Contextual Offer
Where specific contextual information is met, you will be eligible for an Access Loughborough Contextual Offer. This is up to two grades lower than typical entry requirements.
You are eligible for an Access Loughborough Contextual Offer if:
- You were known to be eligible for and in receipt of free school meals (FSM) at the end of Key Stage 4 (Year 11) and/or six years prior to this point (England)
- You were known to be eligible for Free School Meals in the 6 years prior to Year 12 (Northern Ireland)
- You were known to have been eligible for Free School Meals between the start of Year 11 and the January five years prior to this (Wales)
- You are currently in receipt of Free School Meals
Or you attend a non-fee paying (state) school or college and meet any two of the below criteria:
- You live in an area of low participation in higher education
- You live in an area of socio-economic deprivation (England only)
- You attend a school or college in the lowest 20% of all schools in England for average score per A level entry
For the 2023 admissions cycle, the Access Loughborough Contextual Offer is available to applicants who are studying three A Levels, or a combination of two A Levels and an accepted alternative Level 3 qualification and anticipate paying UK fees. Please see further information in our contextual admissions FAQs.
Please note that courses which include a Foundation Year are not in a position to make Access Loughborough Contextual Offers.
Realising Opportunities Students
Loughborough University is a Realising Opportunities (RO) Partner University.
If you are taking part in the RO programme, and receive an offer of a place, this will be in the form of a dual offer. The dual offer will include a standard offer and an alternative RO offer. Alternative RO offers are dependent on your successful completion of the RO programme and are up to two grades lower than typical entry requirements.
LUDUS Gold Students
If you are taking part in LUDUS (Loughborough University’s - Discover University Scheme) Gold, and receive an offer of a place, this will be in the form of a dual offer. The dual offer will include a standard offer and an alternative LUDUS Gold offer. Alternative LUDUS Gold offers are dependent on your successful completion of the LUDUS Gold programme and are up to two grades lower than typical entry requirements.
All offers are subject to applicants fulfilling any subject specific entry requirements at A Level or equivalent and minimum GCSE or equivalent requirements. For some courses, offers are subject to a successful interview and/or review of a portfolio.