Advanced Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) for Short-Term (Visiting) and Exchange Students
Who needs to apply for an ATAS certificate?
You do not need an ATAS certificate if:
- You are a UK, EEA or Swiss national or you hold Indefinite Leave to Enter/Remain in the UK
- You are applying to study in a School which is not listed above.
You will need an ATAS certificate if:
- You require a Tier 4, Short-Term Student or Tier 1, 2 or 5 visa to undertake a short course or exchange programme, or
- You are studying a programme by Distance Learning which requires you to be in attendance at the University for one or more modules, and
- You will be studying in one of the following Schools or Departments:
- Department of Chemical Engineering - CAH3 code: CAH10-01-09
- Department of Materials - CAH3 code: CAH10-02-02
- Department of Physics - CAH3 code: CAH07-01-01
If you are studying in the Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering, ATAS may be required. Contact the Admissions Office for further information.