Graduate Route visa
If you hold a Student visa, you may wish to apply for a Graduate Route visa when you have completed your programme.
To apply for the Graduate Route:
- You must have successfully completed your degree programme. It is not possible to apply for the Graduate Route visa if you have obtained a Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma or a Certificate/Diploma of Higher Education. Students who leave an integrated master’s programme with a bachelor’s degree are eligible.
- All academic fees must have been paid.
- Your award must have been officially confirmed by a programme board.
- You must have received an email from Student Records & Operations confirming that UKVI have been informed of your eligibility. Updates to UKVI are sent weekly.
- You must have held a Student visa for the required length of time (see the Student Advice and Support Service pages for more details)
- You must apply for the visa within the UK before your Student visa expires
If you undertake reassessment without attendance, or obtain an extension to an assessment which means that the confirmation of your results by a programme board is delayed, you may not be eligible for the Graduate Route.