Changing Rooms

If you are experiencing problems within your student accommodation there is the opportunity for you to move rooms in some circumstances.

The University wants you to get the most out of the university experience and so provides options when it comes two requesting to change rooms.

How can the University Support you?

There are a few options available to you if you are unhappy with your accommodation 

    1. Get help with whatever is causing issues - If you are dealing with issues within your accommodation which are causing you to want to move rooms or move to a different hall you should start off by talking to your warden about the issues. In some cases the warden might be able to help solve whatever issue you are dealing with. Alternatively, you can talk to an accommodation consultant, in order to do this you should pop into the Student Accommodation Centre 
    2. Move to a vacant room within your current hall - Subject to availability, you might be able to move into a different hall within your current hall. In order to check if there are any vacancies you should contact the Student Accommodation Centre or speak to your warden 
    3. Move to a vacant room in a different hall - If you feel like you need/want to move to a different hall this is possible if there are any vacancies. In order to move into a different hall you will need to apply for this by fill out the Online Transfer Request Form. You can check for availabilities with the Student Accommodation Centre. You will also need permission from both wardens (old and new hall) before you are allowed to transfer. Note that changes during the summer term are only possible in special circumstances.  
    4. Register on the waiting list - If there are no suitable rooms available to you directly, you can register on the waiting list and will then be notified once there is a suitable room availableIn order to register on the waiting list you should complete the Online Transfer Request Form

Please note that students who switch rooms within their hall or switch to a different hall of residence will need to pay a £50 administration fee.

You will be given 24 hours to view a vacant room on offer. After the viewing you will need to notify the Student Accommodation Centre if you wish to accept the offer within 24 hours.

What to do next?

Ask for Help

You should start off by talking to your warden or an accommodation consultant. You can contact your warden on email or if you wish to speak to an accommodation consultant you can visit the Student Accommodation Centre. They will be able to help you solve any issues you may have within your accommodation and give you guidance on what your next steps could be.

More Resources

Last Updated: 13th September 2022