Halls of residence
The hall is named after Robert Bakewell who was an eighteenth century agriculturalist from nearby Dishley Grange.
At Robert Bakewell you will find:
- 6 or 8 students share large kitchen
- All beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied
- Central card operated laundrette (the Hub)
- Games/common room (facilities subject to change)
- Iron provided
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike shed
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
Accommodation packages available for 2019/20:
All rooms offered on a 41 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £6,061.40 - En-suite (4ft bed) (400 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Robert Bakewell Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Thursday 26 September 2019
- Returning Students: Saturday 28 or Sunday 29 September 2019
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 02 February 2020
41 weeks let: 28 September 2019 – 11 July 2020
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2020 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 11 July 2020 (semester 2 and full year students)
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: Villagepark@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222254 or 223803
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Katryna Kalawsky
Phone: +44 (0)1509 226557
Ms Stephanie Gagnon
Mr George Alliott
Ms Jane Rankin
Duty Mobile: 07518420547
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.