Halls of residence
The hall is named after Robert Bakewell who was an eighteenth century agriculturalist from nearby Dishley Grange.
At Robert Bakewell you will find:
- 6 or 8 students share large kitchen
- All beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows supplied
- 4 x accessible en-suite rooms
- Central card operated launderette (the Hub)
- Games/common room (facilities subject to change)
- Iron provided
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike shed
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Weekly cleaning of kitchens and communal areas
Accommodation packages available for 2020/21:
All rooms offered on a 41 week let (plus additional fee for fresher week)
- £6,199.61 - En-suite (4ft bed) (400 beds)
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Robert Bakewell Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 30 September 2020
- Returning Students: Saturday 3 October 2020
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 7 February 2021
41 weeks let: 3 October 2020 – 17 July 2021
23 weeks let (Semester 2): 7 February 2021 - 17 July 2021
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract.
Your Hall Manager is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: Villagepark@lboro.ac.uk
Hall Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222254 or 223803
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Dr Katryna Kalawsky
Phone: +44 (0)1509 226557
Ms Stephanie Gagnon
Mr George Alliott
Mr Jake Rankin
Duty Mobile: 07518420547
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.