The Accounting and Finance academic group contributes to the School's seminars series throughout the year. Please visit the main Events page for details.
External grants for projects (since 2012)
The Accounting and Finance academic group has successfully attracted research grants for projects over the years. Below are some of examples of current research grants:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Project: 'Discharging Democratic Accountability: The Role of Strategy and Performance Information in Health and Well-being Boards', Suzana Grubnic.
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. Project: 'The Use of Sustainability Management Accounting for Strategic Decision-Making: Opening the Black Box', Suzana Grubnic.
- EPSRC. Project: 'Product-Service-Systems: Transformation to servitized organizations', Anna Raffoni.
- Royal Economics Society. Workshop: 'Economic Policy in the Eurozone', Kavita Sirichand.
- Royal Economics Society. Conference: 'Macroeconomic and Financial Time Series', Kavita Sirichand.
- National Science Foundation of China. Project: 'The Corporate Governance Mechanism of Coalmining Firms in China', Huainan Zhao.
The Accounting and Finance group conducts collaborative research with national and international partners from countries including the USA, Mexico, Australia, China, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Italy, Ireland, Spain and Saudi Arabia.
The group's collaborators within the UK are from a number of institutions including:
- Cranfield University
- University of East Anglia
- University of York
- University of Bangor
- University of Exeter
- Middlesex University
- Aston University
- University of Bristol
- University of London (Cass Business School)
- University of Birmingham
- University of Glasgow
- University of Manchester
- University of Nottingham
- University of Southampton
- University of Oxford
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Leicester
- Sheffield University
- Brighton University
- Cardiff University
- University of Hull
International collaborators are from:
- University of Bologna
- University of Naples Federico II
- University College Dublin
- University of Trento
- Illinois State University
- ITAM University
- Arab Open University (Oman)
- Kassel University
- Copenhagen Business School
- Monash University
- Nankai University
- University of Colorado
- Erasmus University
- University of China
- University of Nebraska, Omaha
- Excelsior College
- University of Zurich
- European Central Bank
- Bank of International Settlements
Visiting positions and external roles
- Treasurer, British Accounting and Finance Association Special Interest Group in Public Services and Charities, Suzana Grubnic
- Visiting Professor, University of Trento, Italy, International Accounting, Petros Vourvachis
- Visiting Professor, Nanjing University of Finance and Economics, Nanjing, China, Accounting and Management, Petros Vourvachis
- Visiting Professor, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Antai College of Economics and Management, Shanghai China, Huainan Zhao
- Visiting Professor, EDHEC Business School, Nice France, Huainan Zhao
- Panel Chair and member, Academy of Finland Research Council, Business Economics and Management, Helsinki, Finland, Huainan Zhao
- Noel O’Sullivan continues as Consulting Editor of the International Journal of Management Reviews having been Associate Editor between 2005 and 2010 and is on the Executive Board of the BAFA’s Corporate Governance special interest group.
- International Journal of Management Reviews (Noel O'Sullivan)
- Public Money & Management (Suzana Grubnic)
- Social and Environmental Accountability Journal (Suzana Grubnic)
- Accounting Forum (Noel O’Sullivan)
- Accounting, Finance and Governance Review (Noel O’Sullivan)
- European Journal of Finance (Andrew Vivian)
- Public Money and Management (Suzana Grubnic - Guest Editor, 2017)