My research focuses largely on equality, diversity and inclusion, organisations, sociology of higher education and sociological research in Science, Engineering and Technology (SET). I have extensive experience applying quantitative and qualitative social research methods over a range of research and consultancy projects.
- BSC080: Analysing Careers
- Undergraduate Business Psychology Dissertation Supervisor
- BSP020: Human Resource Management
- BSP406: Career Development
- BSP453: Research Methods for HRM
- Postgraduate Human Resource Management Dissertation Supervisor
- Nathania Mante (Oct 2023-present) in Loughborough Business School. Supervision with Dr Jennifer Robinson of thesis on AI for gender diversity and inclusion.
- Batuhan Ozkanli (Jan 2023-present) in Loughborough Business School. Supervision with Professor Eva Selenko of thesis on An examination of Deviance Credit, Trust and Ego Depletion relating to Employee Well-Being.
- Ben Slonecki (Oct 2022-present) in the School of Social Sciences and Humanities. Supervision with Dr Sophie Cranston of thesis on An agency for same-sex marriage recognition and equality in East Asia: the case of queer expatriates.
- Jess Moody (Oct 2022-present), as part of the University’s mini-CDT ‘Unequal Academic Citizenship: Opportunities and Barriers to Participation and Inclusion of Cultural Diversity and Intersecting Identities in Higher Education’) in the School of Social Sciences and Humanities. Joint supervision with Professor Line Nyhagen and Dr Daniel Sage. Thesis on Who cares? Knowledge production and emotional labour in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) work in higher education.
- Inka Kosenen (2021-present) in Loughborough Business School. Joint supervision with Dr Daniel Sage of a thesis on The relationship between work productivity and diversity through a lens of feminist pragmatism.
- Jiahao Zhao (2021-present) in Loughborough Business School. Joint supervision with Dr Angelika Zimmerman. Thesis on The factors affecting women's career advancement under Chinese post-two-child policy era.
- Inequalities in society
- Social impact of construction and engineering
- Digital technology and hybrid work practices
- Gender and higher education
- Editorial board member for journal Work, Employment and Society
- Member of the British Academy of Management
- Member of the British Sociological Association.
- Member of the Women in Higher Education Management (WHEM) network
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy