My research focuses largely on gender, organisations, sociology of higher education and sociological research in Science, Engineering and Technology (SET). I have extensive experience applying quantitative and qualitative social research methods over a range of research and consultancy projects.
- BSC080: Analysing Careers
- Undergraduate Business Psychology Dissertation Supervisor
- BSP020: Human Resource Management
- BSP406: Career Development
- BSP453: Research Methods for HRM
- Postgraduate Human Resource Management Dissertation Supervisor
- Principal Investigator (2018 – present) for the Loughborough University team, with Prof Hassan and Prof Dainty on ACT project: ‘Promoting Communities of Practice to advance knowledge, collaborative learning and institutional change on gender equality in the European Research Area’ (see https://www.act-on-gender.eu/project) (EC Grant total: 3m euros)
- Principal Investigator (2015 – present), with Dr Fehmidah Munir and Prof John Arnold on ‘Longitudinal Study on Women’s experiences of leadership in higher education’ for the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education (Grant total: £110k)
- (2014 to present) with Professor Dainty and Dr Thomson. Chrissi McCarthy on ‘The relationship between organisational justice and equality and diversity policies in large main contractor organisations in the UK’.
- (2016 to present) with Professor Arnold. Ghazal Vahidi on ‘Representation of careers in British print media, 1985-2015’.
- Inequalities in society
- Social impact of construction and engineering
- How digital technology can inform and influence professional working practices
- Gender and higher education.
- Member of the British Sociological Association.
- Member of the Women in Higher Education Management (WHEM) network