Angelika Zimmermann holds a PhD and an MSc in Occupational Psychology from the Institute of Work Psychology in Sheffield, UK. Her interdisciplinary research on cross-boundary collaboration has contributed to scholarship and practice of global virtual teams, international human resource management, information systems offshoring, and multi-stakeholder collaborations on sustainability challenges.
Her work has appeared in a broad range of highly ranking international journals such as the Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of World Business, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Information Systems Journal, Journal of Information Technology, International Journal of Human Resource Management, and International Journal of Management Reviews. Angelika serves as Senior Editor for the Journal of Information Technology and member of the Editorial Review Board for Asian Business and Management.
Angelika is programme leader for the MSc Management and teaches International and Cross Cultural Management, Strategic Management, and Working in International Teams.
Angelika’s research centres on socio-psychological processes in cross-boundary collaborations, spanning three main research areas:
- International collaboration: Relational and motivational processes in global virtual teams and offshoring collaborations, including India, China, UK, Germany, Austria, and Japan.
- International human resource management: Expatriate adjustment, employee retention, international transfer of Lean production systems, global virtual talent - with a focus on China.
- Stakeholder collaboration: Frame deliberation and participative policy development on sustainability issues
Angelika’s research contributes to a range of management disciplines such as international business, information systems, human resource management, organisational behaviour, and business ethics.
- Gustavson School of Business Award for the Best Qualitative Paper in International Business at the Academy of Management meeting, Philadelphia, USA, August 2014.
- Finalist for Gustavson School of Business Award for the best qualitative paper in international business, Academy of Management Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, August 2012
- Best conference paper prize, Academy of International Business UKI conference, Portsmouth, April 2008