This FREE Webinar seeks to share career experiences and reflections from a panel of speakers drawn from the wide variety of organisations with a stake in UK solar, with the goal of highlighting the great diversity of exciting career pathways beyond the academic sector that are possible for Early Career Researchers in the field of solar photovoltaics.
Each speaker will talk about their work in their current position, giving attendees a flavour of their activities in the solar field, then will share insight and reflection on their own career journey, with the aim of inspiring young researchers to target careers in UK solar. Speakers are drawn from the many diverse areas that intersect with solar technologies in the UK, from governmental bodies to industrial research, think tanks and market analysts.
Join this webinar to inspire your own career journey in solar.
- Dr Richard Hall, Clean Energy Sector Specialist, UK Government Department for International Trade (DIT) - “Working in solar energy governance”
- Cam Witten: Senior Policy Adviser, Green Alliance - “Powering the labour market, an industry and NGO perspective”
- Molly Morgan: Senior Research Analyst, Exawatt - “My journey from academia to analyst”
- Dr Laura Schade: Senior Energy Engineer, NZSI Science & Innovation for Climate & Energy, UK Government Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) - Talk title TBC
- Dr Leigh Mellor, NSG Pilkington - Talk title TBC
- Including panel discussion with the oportunity to put your questions to the speakers
Please click here to register.