Dr Boyka Simeonova PhD, MSc, MA, BSc (Hons), FHEA
Lecturer in Information Management
Deputy Director, Centre for Information Management
Dr Boyka Simeonova is a Lecturer (which is equivalent to Assistant Professor) in Information Management at the School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University. Boyka is the Deputy Director of the Centre for Information Management and a Leader for the Knowledge and the Digital Economy research group. Boyka has been awarded the Dean’s Early Career Researcher Award at Loughborough University.
Boyka obtained a PhD in Management at University of London, which explored the factors affecting knowledge sharing, including power, trust, organizational culture, transactive memory systems, and the use of technology. Boyka has completed a postgraduate qualification in Academic Practice at Loughborough University. Boyka is currently a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. Boyka has a range of research interests at the areas of organization studies, knowledge management, information systems, strategy and, in particular, aspects related to the development of knowledge sharing within organizations. Boyka has experience in conducting both qualitative and quantitative research. Boyka has been successful at a number of research and enterprise projects.
Boyka teaches a number of undergraduate and postgraduate modules in the areas of knowledge management and information management such as Knowledge Management Strategies, Information Systems; Knowledge, Data and Information Systems. Boyka supervises a number of undergraduate, postgraduate, MBA and Executive Education dissertations in the areas of knowledge management; organization studies; information systems and management.
- Knowledge management.
- Power dynamics in organisations.
- Knowledge sharing, knowing in practice.
- Strategy, Strategic information systems and management.
- Organizational culture, trust.
- Informal networks and communities of practice.
- Transactive memory systems.
- Social media and Web 2.0 technologies.
Visiting course leader for the Knowledge Management module on the distance learning MBA programme at the University of London.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
- European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS).
- Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning, School of Management, Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Intercultural and International Perspectives on Management, School of Management, Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Critical and Historical Perspectives on Management, School of Management, Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Innovation, Knowledge & Organisational Networks (IKON) Research Unit, Warwick Business School.
- Adaptation Information Management and Technology (AIMTech), Leeds University Business School
Simeonova, B. (2018). Transactive memory systems and Web 2.0 in knowledge sharing: A conceptual model based on activity theory and critical realism. Information Systems Journal, 28(4), 592-611.
Filstad, C., Simeonova, B., and Visser, M. (2018). Crossing power and knowledge boundaries in learning and knowledge sharing: the role of ESM. The Learning Organization: the international journal of knowledge and organizational learning management. 25(3), 159-168.
Wagg, S., Cooke, L., and Simeonova, B. (2018). Digital inclusion and Women’s Health and Well-Being in Rural Communities, in: Yates, S. and Rice, R. (Eds) The Oxford Handbook of Digital Technology and Society, Oxford University Press
Kharabsheh, R. A., Jarrar, K., and Simeonova, B. (2015). The impact of competitive strategies on responsive market orientation, proactive market orientation, learning orientation and organizational performance. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 23(5), 423-435.