Dr Posco Tso is a Reader in Computer Networks and Systems in the Department of Computer Science at the Loughborough University. He received his PhD degree from the City University of Hong Kong in 2011. He is currently researching in the areas of network service composition and chaining, edge computing, stateful programmable data plane and network resource management. He has developed a growing international profile through his work in the areas of computer networks and systems, as demonstrated by a number of esteem indicators, including one best paper award, and numerous invited talks at universities and professional bodies. Dr Tso has over 40 peer-reviewed publications in top conferences and journals (e.g., IEEE Infocom, IEEE TPDS, IEEE TNSM, IEEE TMC). His research has received more than £2M support from research councils He was elevated to IEEE Senior Member in 2019 in recognition of his contribution to the field as a researcher and an educator.
- network policy management and function chaining
- network measurement and optimisation
- cloud data centre resource management
- data centre networking
- software defined networking (SDN)
- distributed systems
- fog computing and smart cities
I'm accepting self-funded PhD student applications - please get in touch if you're interested in doing your PhD with me.
- Reviewer for EPSRC and various prestigious IEEE Transactions (TPDS, TC, TBD, etc)
- Organising co-chair of: 2013 SICSA Workshop on Software-defined Networking
- Technical Programme Committee of: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Communications; 2016 the Global Communications Conference; 2015 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Big Data; The First/Second International Workshop on Big Data and Smart Sustainable Society 2015/2016.