I joined the Department in 1999 and am a member of the Department's Vision, AI, Autonomous and Human Centred Systems (VAAH) Research Group. I was UG Admissions Tutor for a number of years, the PG Admissions Tutor, and also the Department's Placement Tutor. I am currently the Director of Studies.
During my time at Loughborough I have been involved with the development of statistical downscaling software for the Environment Agency (you can download this software free from the SDSM website and have completed my second book on Computing Projects with Addison Wesley.
I am now part-time and generally do not work Fridays.
- Environmental Modelling
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Rainfall-Runoff Modelling
- Sports Performance Analysis
- Editorial Board Member of Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience.
- External Examiner - Nottingham Trent University, UK - undergraduate degree programmes in Computer Science
- Elected member of the IACCS Board (International Association of Computer Science in Sport).
- First Aider
- Associate Member of the Vision, AI, Autonomous and Human Centred Systems Research Theme
- I am also a member of the Centre for Hydrological and Ecosystems Science, Loughborough University
- Chaminda Thilakarathna: (Christian Dawson & Eran Edirisinghe)
- Benjamin Jerome: Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences (Jonathan Folland, Daniel Fong & Christian Dawson)
- Foziah Gazzawa: Requirement Artefacts: Finding the Missing Link (Russell Lock & Christian Dawson)
- Sara Al-Ruzeiqi: Forecasting Monthly Air Passenger Flows using a New Modification version of PCA with kinetic correlation matrix using kinetic energy (Christian Dawson & Eran Edirisinghe)
- Abeer Ahmed H Aljohani: An Exploration of Methodologies to Improve Semi-supervised Hierarchical Clustering with Knowledge-based Constraints (Eran Edirisinghe & Christian Dawson)
- Khaled Shaban: Evaluating and Measuring Player's Performance by Generating Multi-dimensional Profiles (Christian Dawson & Shaheen Fatima)
- Mohammad Alsuwaiket: Assisting Students in Higher Education with Their Career Decision Using Data Mining Techniques (Christian Dawson & Firat Batmaz)
- Eman Said Al Abri: Modelling ozone with AI methods (Eran Edirisinghe & Christian Dawson)
- Simardeep Singh Saini: Mimicking Human Player Strategies in Fightin Games Using Game Artificial Intelligence Techniques (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Mohamad Saiful Haji Omar: A Novel Workflow Management System for Handling Dynamic Process Adaptation and Compliance (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Aslina Saad: A Case-based System for Lesson Plan Construction (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Ahmed Shubati: A Methodology for Developing Second Life Environments Using Case-based Reasoning (Christian Dawson & Ray Dawson)
- Mark Madden: Cartoons Beyond Clipart (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Colin Harpham: Development of a Novel Radial Basis Function Network Using Genetic Algorithms (Christian Dawson & Martin Brown)