Dr Christian W Dawson
I joined the Department in 1999 and am a member of the Department's Vision, AI, Autonomous and Human Centred Systems (VAAH) Research Group. I was UG Admissions Tutor for a number of years, the PG Admissions Tutor, and also the Department's Placement Tutor. I am currently the Director of Studies. During my time at Loughborough I have been involved with the development of statistical downscaling software for the Environment Agency (you can download this software free from:www.sdsm.org.uk) and have completed my second book on Computing Projects with Addison Wesley. I am now part-time and generally do not work Fridays.
- Environmental Modelling
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Rainfall-Runoff Modelling
- Sports Performance Analysis
- Editorial Board Member of Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience.
- External Examiner - Nottinngham Trent University, UK - undergraduate degree programmes in Computer Science
- Elected member of the IACCS Board (International Association of Computer Science in Sport).
- Chaminda Thilakarathna: (Christian Dawson & Eran Edirisinghe)
- Foziah Gazzawa: (Russell Lock & Christian Dawson)
- Benjamin Jerome: Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences (Jonathan Folland, Daniel Fong & Christian Dawson)
- Sara Al-Ruzeiqi: Forecasting Monthly Air Passenger Flows using a New Modification version of PCA with kinetic correlation matrix using kinetic energy (Christian Dawson & Eran Edirisinghe)
- Abeer Ahmed H Aljohani: An Exploration of Methodologies to Improve Semi-supervised Hierarchical Clustering with Knowledge-based Constraints (Eran Edirisinghe & Christian Dawson)
- Khaled Shaban: Evaluating and Measuring Player's Performance by Generating Multi-dimensional Profiles (Christian Dawson & Shaheen Fatima)
- Mohammad Alsuwaiket: Assisting Students in Higher Education with Their Career Decision Using Data Mining Techniques (Christian Dawson & Firat Batmaz)
- Eman Said Al Abri: Modelling ozone with AI methods (Eran Edirisinghe & Christian Dawson)
- Simardeep Singh Saini: Mimicking Human Player Strategies in Fightin Games Using Game Artificial Intelligence Techniques (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Mohamad Saiful Haji Omar: A Novel Workflow Management System for Handling Dynamic Process Adaptation and Compliance (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Aslina Saad: A Case-based System for Lesson Plan Construction (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Ahmed Shubati: A Methodology for Developing Second Life Environments Using Case-based Reasoning (Christian Dawson & Ray Dawson)
- Mark Madden: Cartoons Beyond Clipart (Paul Chung & Christian Dawson)
- Colin Harpham: Development of a Novel Radial Basis Function Network Using Genetic Algorithms (Christian Dawson & Martin Brown)