Nicole Perrin and Lorenzo Cioni, undergraduates from Loughborough University’s Department of Chemical Engineering, give an insight into their industrial placement year with GSK, alongside Greg Simmonds, a Loughborough Engineering Graduate, now employed by GSK as an Engineering Operations Manager.
Working with business
Enterprise is a key part of the Department's and the School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering's activities and we have a strong tradition of working with industry, from small to medium-sized organisations to global brands.
These partnerships strengthen the relevance of our teaching and research. They deliver impact, increasing profitability and sustainability by injecting innovation into products and processes.
Working with our academics
Work with our students and graduates
You can add fresh ideas, energy and skills to your organisation with a student placement or by recruiting our graduates.
We partner with a wide range of companies in the Chemical Engineering and process industries sectors to deliver teaching and research programmes aligned to their technical and commercial needs. As a result, our graduates are well-qualified, experienced, and highly sought after.
- Industrial undergraduate placements, up to 1 year in duration
- MSc projects can produce a 1-year feasibility study
- PhD research, a 3-year project relevant to your organisation
- CASE studentship, supported by a Research Council
- Graduate recruitment from our courses
For more information on how to work with placement students from Chemical Engineering please contact:
- Dr Mark Leaper - Placements Tutor, tel:+44(0)1509 225319 or email M.C.Leaper@lboro.ac.uk
- Mr Malcolm Newbitt - Placements Administrator, tel:+44(0)1509 223165 or email M.Newbitt@lboro.ac.uk