MSc (for non-business graduates)
Year of entry: 2015
1 year full-time
Ideal for non-business graduates looking to develop practical, functional business knowledge and skills, this programme will develop your understanding in core aspects of business management, whilst allowing for a deepening of ability in specific areas.
The programme’s strategic theme develops skills and competencies which will be relevant to middle management and more senior roles.
The programme is geared towards improving your employment prospects by equipping you with the key business skills sought by organisations, enabling you to contribute quickly and purposefully to the running of a business.
Compulsory modules in Business Analysis and Information Systems and Management will not only build your knowledge by examining in detail a real company within a designated industry, but also explore the critical role of information gathering and familiarise you with the software packages widely used in the contemporary business environment.
Modules are assessed by a combination of examinations and assignments.
Lower second class (2:2) honours degree or higher from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University, typically in a non-business field though those with a business background will be considered.
English language requirement for international students
IELTS: overall 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each component
IELTS is waived for International students based in the UK who either:
- achieve a 2.1 academic classification from a UK university
- OR who have studied in UK for 2+ years and meet the academic entry requirements for the programme
Careers and Further Study
Example destinations include:
- Proludic (Switzerland) – International Sales Manager;
- Samsung Opentide (China) – Consultant;
- Jaguar Land Rover – Technical Analyst/ Engineer, Buyer;
- Citibank (China) – Human Relations;
- Reed – Core Services Business Adviser;
- Nielsen – Market Researcher.
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Business Analysis
- Information Systems and Management
Optional Modules* (choose three)
- Advertising and Consumer Behaviour
- Business Economics
- Business Forecasting
- Enterprise Employability and Personal Development
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Global Outsourcing and Offshoring of Services
- International and Cross Cultural Management
- International Marketing
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Services and Retail Management
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Work Psychology
* Other optional modules are available
- Management Analysis
- Strategic Management
The best way to apply for admission to a taught or research programme is online. This helps us to process your application quickly.>
Your application must be supported by documentary evidence of entry qualifications, including English language, academic transcripts and references.
You are strongly advised to send your documents, including transcripts and references, as soon as you make your online application – they can be submitted online.
A decision about your application cannot be made until we receive your supporting documents.
For more information on the application process, take a look at our how to apply section.