Two weeks left to vote in the 2017 Enterprise Awards
There are just under two weeks left until voting closes for the Enterprise Awards 2017 - Loughborough University’s annual celebration of academic and entrepreneurial excellence.
Each year, Loughborough aims to recognise the best inventive and enterprising academics, undergraduates or postgraduates, who continue to find new and exciting solutions to problems or create a positive impact on everyday life.
Four categories make up the 2017 awards, the winners of which will be announced on Wednesday May 17 at a ceremony held at the Loughborough University campus.
The nominees are aiming for success in: Impact from Research, One to Watch, Graduate Enterprise and Placement Student – the full list of those involved is included below.
Examples of some of the entries include research into managing the outbreaks of disease within animal populations, such as the 2007 foot-and-mouth crisis; technology for predicting flooding up to 48 hours in advance; wearable AI technology for athletes and five students who have excelled during their work placements.
Voting for the competition ends on May 15.
To cast your vote, visit: www.lboro.ac.uk/enterprise/enterprise-awards
Follow the progress of the awards on Twitter using #LboroEnterpriseAwards
Categories and nominees
Impact from research
- Professor John Mardaljevic: Climate-based daylight modelling
- Professor Gilberto Montibeller and Professor L. Alberto Franco: Managing bio-security threats
- Ruth Welsh and James Lenard: Protecting cyclists by improving car safety technology
- Professor Jo Aldridge: Transforming the lives of young carers and their families
One to watch
- Professor Graham Hargrave and Dr Jonathan Wilson: ACCT - reducing harmful diesel emissions
- Dr James Flint, Professor Neil Dixon and Dr Alister Smith: Community Slope SAFE
- Dr Dapeng Yu, Professor Rob Wilby and Dr Mingfu Guan: Real-time flood nowcasting to support emergency responders
- Professor Geoff Wilcox, Dr Mark Ashworth, Dr Xujin Bao: WHISKERMIT