How can I help you?
As your Academic Librarian I can help you with finding information, literature reviews and referencing your work.
I gained a BA (Hons) History at the University of Birmingham in 1985. After working variously in libraries, publishing and recruitment I completed a PGCE at Loughborough in 1993. I then worked as a primary school teacher for a number of years before gaining an MA in Information and Library Studies at Loughborough in 2003. I have worked at the University Library since 2003 and achieved professional chartership in 2007. I have a Library-wide responsibility for supporting learning and teaching and I chair the Academic Libraries Research Group (ARLG) for the East Midlands. I successfully applied for Fellowship of the HEA in 2019.
- Gadd, E.A., Baldwin, A. Norris, M. and Reid, S.D., 2011. Using the evidence: a comparison of Civil & Building lecturers and students' approach to the literature review. Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 138(2), 2012. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)EI.1943-5541.0000077
- Marshall, T. M and Reid, S.D., 2008. How to use a survey as a marketing tool: a case study of Loughborough University Library. Library and Information Research, 32, (101), pp. 39-56
- Reid, S., G. Walton and P. Lund., 2006. Strategic development of library reference collections in higher education: a case study at Loughborough University Library, Library and information research, 30(95), pp.10-24
- Stubbings, R., J. Bartlett and S. Reid, 2006. Review of how libraries are currently supporting the research process, SCONUL focus, 38, 2006, pp.47-50
- Reid, S.D., 2017. Shaken and stirred! The librarian, the academic and the case of the refreshed skills module. Librarians’ Information Literacy Annual Conference (LILAC) 2017, Swansea University (Bay Campus), 10-12 April 2017
- Reid, S.D., Khandia, F. and Hobby, E.A., 2011. Recreating an online assessment test for English and Drama undergraduates: A Case Study of Departmental, Library and eLearning collaboration [eLearning Showcase]. University of Loughborough. 12 January 2011