Matt is involved in research across the Minimum Income Standards programme and lead the annual analysis of Households below a Minimum Income Standard. Over the past year he has lead research developing a Minimum Income Standard for London (funded by Trust for London) and worked with Birmingham City Council to undertake an analysis of the living wage in the city and the impact of some key elements of welfare reform.
- Padley, M., Davis, A., Shepherd, C., & Stone, J. (2019). A Minimum Income Standard for London 2018. Retrieved from https://www.trustforlondon.org.uk/documents/443/MinimumStandardIncome1.pdf
- Stone, J., Padley, M., & Hirsch, D. (2019). Households below a Minimum Income Standard: 2008/09 to 2016/17: Households below a Minimum Income Standard: 2008/09 to 2016/17. York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/households-below-minimum-income-standard-200809-201617
- Padley, M., & Marshall, L. (2018). Defining and measuring housing affordability using the Minimum Income Standard. Housing Studies. doi:10.1080/02673037.2018.1538447
- Davis, A., Hirsch, D. B., Padley, M. J., & Shepherd, C. (2018). A Minimum Income Standard for the UK 2008-2018: continuity and change. York: Joseph Rowntree Foundation. Retrieved from https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/minimum-income-standard-uk-2018
- O'Connell, R., Owen, C., Padley, M. J., Simon, A., & Brannen, J. (2018). Which types of family are at risk of food poverty in the UK? A relative deprivation approach. Social Policy and Society, 18(1), 1-18. doi:10.1017/S1474746418000015
- Davis, A. A. I., Hirsch, D., & Padley, M. J. (2018). The minimum income standard as a benchmark of a ‘participatory social minimum’. Journal of Poverty and Social Justice.
- Valadez, L. J., Padley, M. J., & Torres-Penagos, M. F. (2017). A dignified standard of living in Mexico: Results of a pilot study of the Minimum Income Standard approach. Social Indicators Research. doi:10.1007/s11205-017-1780-4
- Padley, M., Marshall, L., Hirsch, D., Davis, A., & Valadez, L. J. (2015). A Minimum Income Standard for London. London: Trust for London.