What's Next? Year 10 & 11 Event
The Year 10 & 11 What's Next VIP Event is an exciting opportunity for local students to learn more about their future options and how Loughborough University can help support their subject choices after GCSEs, and onto studying at university level.
Our aim is to help students and their parents or guardians understand the post 16 choices available, how these link to degree level education, and better prepare students for college or university applications. We will also address any questions or concerns about higher education study in general, ranging from financial issues, accommodation queries or career progression.
As part of the day attendees will have VIP tours of the campus, meet with School & College Liaison staff and current student ambassadors to understand their post 16 course options, and learn how contextual offers could offer them an easier route into university.
There will also be focused parent and guardian sessions being held whilst students take part in other activities to outline the potential benefits of Loughborough and our contextual offers, as well as ‘myth busting’ to break down any perceived barriers or concerns about higher education.
What to expect
- A presentation about the ‘Loughborough Offer’ and what it means for your dependant
- Impartial advice related to other post 18 options e.g. apprenticeships
- A campus tour of the Loughborough Campus
- There will also be a focused parent/guardian session where we will cover topics such as contextual offers, student support services, student finance and additional post-16 activities; as well as anything else you would like answers to
- Lunch will be provided and refreshments will be available throughout the day
Schedule TBC - please check back soon for further details.
Sign up here
Spaces for this event are limited and only open to students who attend state schools.
Please register to attend by completing the online booking form below:
Directions as to how to find us will be sent to you via a confirmation email once you have booked your place at your event.