I need room adjustments

Room adjustments are ways in which your room can be adapted to better suit your needs.

The University is committed to ensuring that students with a disability, including those with long-term physical and mental health conditions, are best equipped in their environment and room adjustments can help to facilitate this.

How can the University Support you?

There are a range of adapted rooms across campus to meet disabled students’ needs, including catered and self-catered accommodation and en-suite rooms. The University can also have a room adapted in a specific way if you meet the requirements. This includes medicine fridges, en-suite room, memory foam mattresses etc.

What to do next?

Inform University of Adjustments

If you have disability-related accommodation requirements you should complete the disability and health portal once you’ve applied to Loughborough(regardless of whether we are your firm or insurance choice) in order to provide the University with information on the ways in which we can best support you. The student accommodation services will take these into consideration when giving you your accommodation offer. 

More Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

I am in an adjusted room this year can I return to it?

As a returning student you will need to make an application in accordance with the re-applying to halls procedures and note under ‘do you want a particular room’ that you need the room for a disability-related reason. The hall warden makes the decision on room allocation for returners so you may also wish to contact them as well. See Hall wardens for more information 

If your room is an adapted room which was allocated to you through the Student Wellbeing and Inclusivity Service (SWAI) and you would like to return to this room you should also email the request to the disability office on StudentInclusion@lboro.ac.uk.

Last Updated: 13th September 2022