Maintenance in Your Accommodation

In circumstances where something within your accommodation is not functioning as it should, it may require maintenance.

This could include minor things such as curtains falling off up to maintenance emergencies such as gas leaks and floods.

How can the University Support you?

The University has a dedicated facilities management team that is there to respond to your maintenance requests. All maintenance requests are tiered and are responded to at different times in accordance with the student accommodation service targets.

What to do next?

University Halls

In order to report a maintenance issue within your accommodation you need to email your hall reception/management team or if it is a more urgent matter you can go to the reception within your hall and report it in person. Your request will usually be processed within 24 hours and the hall management will record your request. If you would like to follow up on your request you can go and speak to the hall management team.  

If your maintenance fault is an emergency such as a loss of electricity or a gas leak, please report this to your hall management team (Mon-Friday 9-5) or to your duty sub-warden.

Unite Halls

If you live in one of the Unite halls (Harry French, The Holt and William Morris) you will need to report any maintenance issues using the My Unite App, you will need to create/use your account in order to report any issues.  

Once you have reported the issue you will receive an email from the Unite team which will include a date/time when the Unite team will come and fix the issue

Wi-Fi or IT related issues

The IT Services team will be able to help you additionally there is wireless Wi-Fiavailable in all halls of residence, however, you will have a better connection if you connect using a cable connected to the network socket. You can get free Ethernet cables from the IT Service desk located in the library.

More Resources

Last Updated: 13th September 2022