EDI - LGBT+
Providing access to quality resources on LGBT+ with a focus on the 2023 LGBT+ History Month theme, Behind the Lens
Databases View more
Here are the key databases/online resources to start finding information in your subject area. Click on 'View more' to go to the full listing for the Library, and use the filters to find more for this subject and others.
You can access books and e-books via the Catalogue (also known as Library Catalogue Plus) to search for and check their availability. The Catalogue also provides links to e-books and displays the shelf marks of physical books in the Library. We have detailed the shelf marks of the most popular topics below (the level is for the Library in Loughborough).
Videos View more
Use the videos to learn more about some resources or finding information.
Frequently asked questions View more
Here are some of the most popular questions asked by students in this subject. If you have a different question, check 'View more' or ask your Academic Librarian.
Books Library Catalogue
Here are a selection of books available on the subject of LGBT+ history, film and TV. To discover more in our collection, you can search our Library catalogue.
- Queer; a graphic history
- Gus van Sant: his own private cinema
- Transgender history
- Between the sheets, in the streets: queer, lesbian, gay documentary
- Homintern: how gay culture liberated the world
- A Spanish labyrinth
- Queer cinema in Europe
- The B word: bisexuality in contemporary film and television
Maria San Fillipo
- Trans Britain: our journey from the shadows
Journals E-journals A-Z Catalogue
Here are a selection of journals available on the subject of LGBT+. To discover more of our journal collection you can search on our A-Z listing or our catalogue.
Repository Research Repository
Here are a selection of entries in the University's Research Repository on the subject of LGBT+. You can discover more content on the Research Repository.
- The evolution of the gay male public sphere in England and Wales 1967-1983
- Toward positive social change for lesbians and gay men: a human rights approach
- A decade of DIVA: constructing community in a British lesbian magazine, 1994-2004
- Coming out isn’t as easy as you think for a LGBT+ person of colour
Archives University Archives
Here are some examples of content in the Archives on the subject of LGBT+