Loughborough University
Leicestershire, UK
LE11 3TU
+44 (0)1509 263171
Loughborough University

International Student Advice and Support

Living in the UK

Finding a school for your children

As a parent, you are under a legal obligation to secure schooling for any child of 'compulsory school age'. You can read information about how to find a school place in our leaflet below. 

The Government website has generic information about school admissions including how to choose a school, the admission criteria, applying and appealing a school’s decision.

The Leicestershire County Council website has useful information on school admissions policies and you can contact them for more specific information.

The British Council has also produced more information on choosing a state-funded school.

Schools for children of international students


Useful Contacts

ContactContact details
Leicestershire Local Authority (Includes information on all Leicestershire schools, policies & contacts) Admissions
General Enquiries Tel: 0116 305 6631 Email: education@leics.gov.uk
School Admissions (Allocation of school places) 0116 305 6684
Religious Education Adviser 0116 305 6498
Free School Meals 0116 305 6588
Free School Transport 0116 305 6630
Ofsted (Office for Standards in Education) http://www.ofsted.gov.uk School inspection reports are available