- Tel: 01509 222765 OR if on London campus- 020 3805 1348
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday
Where we live:Student Services
Bridgeman Building Loughborough University
How you can get advice:
- Email advice - This is a good way starting point for quick advice; if we need you to come in we will let you know: email@example.com
- Appointments - For longer sessions make an appointment to see an adviser in our offices or on the phone. We will call you back.
- London campus students - you can use the above email address for your query, or make a telephone appointment by calling 020 3805 1348.
We now are also able to offer you a Skype or Facetime appointment. Please let the person know if you require this when you book your appointment.
GDRP and your personal details
The Student Advice and Support Service adheres to the Student Services Privacy Notice.
We collect and process client personal details in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Our purpose for collecting and processing your data are as follows:
- To ensure that we have current contact details,
- To hold accurate and up to date records on the advice given and action we have taken,
- To investigate and respond to a possible complaint,
- For quality control,
- To gain your feedback on our service,
- To monitor equal access to our service and
- To record our successes as a department.
The Student Advice and Support Service has a right to process personal data under the legitimate interest permissions of the GDPR. This right is derived from the nature of the service we provide. We deem our legitimate interest to be based on the fact that we cannot provide our service to our clients if we do not process their data. This processing enables us to review a case to ensure a high standard of service (remedying this directly if there is a problem) and enables us to protect ourselves against any potential complaint. A legitimate interest also gives us the opportunity to provide the best possible service by ensuring that any member of The Student Advice and Support Service can:
- assist with any case if the adviser is away,
- ensure that any contact relating to a case is timely
- provide more advice or information about the appointment.
For more information please see our Code of Practice