Lboro Talent Match
Loughborough Talent Match has been designed to help organisations with their recruitment.
We offer two specific internship programmes – Micro-Internships and Finalist Internships. Information, including dates and funding can be found below.
For those interested in a more bespoke recruitment package, please look at our Talent Match+ Offering.
There are many reasons why you should want to recruit our brilliant students and graduates at Loughborough University. We remain a Top 10 University in all of the UK league table rankings and excel across many disciplines. The courses themselves are high quality, highly ranked and accredited with many containing industry-based content, allowing the students to understand not just the theory but also the practicality of what they are studying.
Our students are highly driven and with many of them playing high level sport they have the competitive edge often required to be successful in the workplace. Loughborough students are confident, self-assured and have fantastic interpersonal skills, which all means they are ready to hit the ground running when they start a role.
Our Micro-Internship programme is a great opportunity to get support from our fantastic students on a very flexible basis.
- 50-hour long Internships
- They can stretch across a number of weeks, we are suggesting between (4-8 weeks)
- Student(s) will be able to come in and support on a specific project or piece of work during this period
- Opportunities will be aimed at our first and second years
- If you are impressed by the student, we would suggest offering them further opportunities in your business, whether this is through Part Time work, Summer Internship etc
- Top talent available
- The roles will be fully funded* by the University
- August – October 30th – Register to the programme here, and provide internship details here
- October 31st – Launch to Students/Applications Open
- November 27th – Opportunities Close
- W/C November 28th – Sifting Applications and shortlisting (we do this)
- Dec 5th & December 12th – You Interview Students
- W/C 6th Feb – Students to start (must be completed by end of April)
If you are interested in hosting a Micro-Internship, either complete the registration form here, or if you do have any questions reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be more than happy to talk through this in more detail.
*Funding is always subject to availability. We have a limited amount of this available and we will be operating on a first come first serve basis (once the opportunity is secured by one of our students).
Our Finalist Internship Programme is a great opportunity for you to take on one of our fantastic final year students to work on a key project for your organisation. We encourage organisations to view this as a 'try before you buy' or a 'long interview'. During the Internship the finalist will have the opportunity to showcase their knowledge, skills and talent to progress your business forward. After the completion of the Internship, you may be inclined to want to keep them in the role.
- 140-hour (35 hours per week) opportunity
- Spread across 4 weeks (can be slightly more flexible if required)
- Aimed at Finalists 2023 and Graduates 2022
- The role will need to be of a suitable level (Graduate entry level)
- Top Talent available
- Part funded by the University*
- Aug – November – Register to the programme here, and provide internship details here
- December 1st – Launch Event/ applications open
- February 12th – Applications Close
- W/C 13th February – Sifting Applications and shortlisting (we do this)
- W/C 20th , 27th - Interviews to take place
- End of June/beginning of July - Roles to start
Round 2 (Subject to availability of funding)
- June 4th – Roles to be confirmed
- June 22nd Launch event/Applications Open
- July 14th – Applications Close
- W/C 17th July - Sifting Applications and shortlisting (we do this)
- W/C 24th, 31st July – Interviews to take place
- Roles start immediately
If you are interested in hosting a Finalist Internship, either complete the registration form here, or if you do have any questions please reach out to us on email@example.com. We would be more than happy to talk through this in more detail.
*Part funding details to be confirmed. Funding is always subject to availability. We have a limited amount of funding available and we will be operating on a first come first serve basis (once the opportunity is secured by one of our finalists or grads).
These documents have been designed to support you as you work through the recruitment process.
- Top tips for Effective Job adverts
- Top tips for Shortlist Selection & Effective interviews
- Top tips for Effective use of students in the workplace
- Top tips for a Successful Internship
- Top tips for Building on an internship
Talent Match+ is about providing a more tailored recruitment service for organisations who are keen on recruiting Loughborough students and graduates.
Talent Match+ will support organisations who are looking to recruit one or several students/graduates, whether this is for short-term internships, year placements, or graduate level roles.
Our expert team will be on hand to support and guide you through every stage of the recruitment process, to include:
- Sector leading consultancy about who you are looking to recruit and how.
- Personal Account Manager who you can speak to about any issues throughout all stages.
- Advice and guidance on how to create a standout job advert to engage the students.
- Full advertisement and communications package to ensure your advert reaches the relevant students including a Target Email (worth up to £250).
- Recruitment package to include support for potential students with their applications and sifting through applications to leave the strongest ones, which we will send over for you to move forward with.
- Engagement opportunity either on campus or virtually to interact with students (format to be agreed) i.e. mentoring, workshops, skills sessions.
- Full review after the recruitment has been completed
For more information and pricing for Talent Match+, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to speak to you.
Looking for something extra? For those of you who are interested in exploring other options or keen to see how we can build up a different package to support with your Attraction and Recruitment campaign over the next year, please do reach out – email@example.com. We would be excited to create a bespoke service that will help you achieve your aims.