Loughborough University’s experienced Careers Network team works closely with academic schools and professional services to ensure that every student has access to outstanding careers advice, coaching, employability support and development opportunities.
Our services and opportunities include:
- One-to-one advice and coaching, virtually and in person
- Presentations, workshops and online tools to support career planning, job search and personal development
- Self-help resources on CVs and applications
- Interview coaching and mock assessment centres
- Help securing placements, internships and graduate roles and access to 1000s of vacancies
- Dedicated experts to support students in all things enterprise and innovation
- Ready Set Loughborough and Personal Best – exclusive skills development programmes for Loughborough students
Coaching sessions provide opportunities to support students in an objective and non-judgemental way, explore their goals and enable them to reach their full potential. This includes:
- Careers Coaching: to explore career options, graduate opportunities and progress career planning.
- Academic Success Coaching: to facilitate goal setting and overcoming challenges to enhance academic performance and outcomes.
- Interview Coaching: to practise and improve interview technique, provide feedback and build confidence.
- Business and Enterprise Coaching: to explore business ideas, develop entrepreneurial skills and provide support to launch a business or freelance career.
As well as hosting one of the largest university careers fairs in the UK, we hold sector-specific events where students can network with employers and Loughborough alumni to help form valuable industry connections and secure high-quality placements and graduate roles.
Passionate about supporting all our students, we also offer tailored support and resources for international students, students with disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds.
Loughborough students and graduates are highly sought after and Loughborough students achieve some of the highest quality destinations in the UK, with 85.4% of our 2020 first degree UK graduates in graduate level work or higher level study within 15 months of graduating.
Our support continues after graduation and is also available to University staff.