Loughborough is consistently ranked as a top 10 university in the major UK university rankings and is the East Midlands' top university with a great reputation for the strength of its business partnerships. Our central Employer Engagement team continues to extend the range of services for businesses designed to deliver positive outcomes and pro-active relationships, now more than ever as we extend business engagement activity to include our new Loughborough University London campus.
The Employer Engagement team's principal aim is to provide employers with expert consultancy services that will help them establish positive and rewarding links with the University and our students. Our connections to academic and professional services teams across the University can help you access key people, projects and services to help achieve your business goals. This might include effective recruitment campaigns, skills development solutions, curriculum learning, short-term projects or longer term research or strategic partnerships.
An initial consultation will help us to understand your business needs and priorities and suggest how we can support you most effectively. We will work with you to develop a tailored engagement plan designed to optimise outcomes within your time and resource commitments.
Our services can include:
- Vacancy advertising on our vacancy portal, Careers Online, which has over 15,000 active student and graduate users.
- Developing a strategy to raise your profile and meet your recruitment objectives on campus.
- Advice and intelligence about the current graduate recruitment landscape.
- Careers fairs and on-campus events to help you to profile your brand as an employer of choice for students and graduates.
- Placements and work experience guidance - we can provide specialist support to enable you to engage with students early.
- Rooms on campus to conduct interviews and run selection activities.
- Sponsorship opportunities related to on-campus events and activities selected to best support your organisational goals with optimum return on investment. This might include sponsorship of sports activities and teams, societies, election campaigns, award ceremonies and many more.
- Engagement with Loughborough University, London - our inspiring new postgraduate campus on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London offers a number of progressive opportunities for employers. Employer partners have a unique opportunity to influence the emerging industry-focused curriculum designed to generate highly skilled, highly employable graduates to meet your business needs.
For small to medium sized employers (under 250 employees) our business support team offers a responsive, high quality, and tailored experience for each employer. We appreciate that you have limited time, resources and budget to focus on student and graduate recruitment – but this is where we can help. We have an excellent reputation for working with a wide range of employers.
Whether you have recruited in the past or are completely new to the process, we’ll quickly understand the needs of your business and guide you through the options. In addition to the services outlined above, some other business support options available are outlined below. For more information please contact the Business Development Team.
Santander Internships Scheme
Loughborough University and Santander have joined forces to offer three-month graduate internships. This is a low risk recruitment method including a £1500 subsidy towards the intern's salary. If you want to access bright young talent, the Loughborough University Santander initiative can help make the connection. For more information about the Santander Internships Scheme please contact the Business Development Team.
The iNet helps small and medium sized businesses to innovate and grow. We support a range of industry sectors and associated supply chains including advanced manufacturing and engineering; creative industries; food and drink manufacturing; logistics and distribution; low carbon technologies; space and satellite applications; textile manufacturing; and transport equipment manufacturing. Find out more on the I-Net.
What our employers are saying...
"I was helped every step of the way in the process. From working with candidates to understanding the sort of salary that would attract them. I’ve found that I am able to reach out to the university to ask questions, to propose ways in which I could offer students employment. It’s clearly beneficial for the university to place so many students, but it is the customer service element, whereby the university wants to help businesses move forward, that I found so inspiring" Paul Ince, LikeMind Media
"[Benefits of recruiting from a University include] being able to tap into particular skills through targeting different courses and having the help of a careers team to get your vacancy seen ... I would recommend the service to anyone looking to hire a graduate or placement year student" Rachel Monaghan, Team Consulting
Whether you are an overseas organisation interested in recruiting from Loughborough University, or a UK employer seeking advice on hiring our international students and graduates, we can offer you the advice and support you need.
We tailor our services to deliver the support your business needs. For more information or to access our specialist support, please contact the business development team.
Investing in diversity has proved to be of great benefit to organisations leading to increased innovation, growth and success. To support you in this arena, Loughborough University provides a variety of opportunities for employers to engage with our talented students to develop their professional experience, learn more about the business and support you with recruiting diverse and bright minded students and graduate from Loughborough to contribute to your business success.
Initiatives and schemes available for employers: